Supply Chain Analyst
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Manage the forward-looking supply plan, purchased raw materials, schedule production and manage finished good inventory for multiple manufacturing areas
- Responsible for coordinating with other 3M locations, external suppliers, and various business teams to meet service, cost, and Inventory targets
- Develops and maintains operating rhythms to ensure smooth supply chain operations, aligning supply with demand
- Provides planning analysis to support decision making
- Publishes and presents service and inventory metrics, results, and gap analysis
- Actively manage working and non-working inventories in assigned businesses to maintain compliance and achieve inventory investment targets
- Works with various business teams to review and identify portfolio improvement opportunities
- Support the planning for new product introductions through effective procurement and scheduling
- Identify and implement supply chain process improvement projects
- Business transformation readiness activities and projects as assigned
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years distribution center or supply chain experience in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics
- APICS Certification or pursuing completion
- Combined knowledge of relevant supply chain systems and/or demonstrated ability to learn and apply systems knowledge
- Experienced systems implementation analyst
- Previous experience working with cross functional teams
- Possess expertise equivalent to that which is needed to obtain professional certifications in supply chain, logistics, transportation, inventory management or related field
- Lean Six Sigma or similar expertise, certification and or training
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.