Responsible for transactional purchases, implementation and administration, as well as strategic contract execution. You will select suppliers, sources materials, products, and services to attain the highest quality and most cost-effective solutions. You will help maintain the supplier management system to assure performance objectives are met, analyze supply chain capabilities, and develop strategic supplier relationships.
- Sources materials, products, and services that meet global and strategic objectives.
- Manages all administrative aspects of purchasing for new product development, from supplier sourcing to negotiation of agreements and prices
- Completes corporate transactional purchases, implementation and administration, as well as strategic contract execution.
- Monitors supplier performance, where needed drives changes to improve supplier performance
- Generates and maintains a well-rounded database of authorized suppliers capable of reacting within time line and technical requirements.
- Interfaces with technical sales and product development to obtain forecasts and requirements for materials.
- Analyzes supplier capabilities for materials and services, and develops strategic supplier relationships that serve the needs of technical, production and purchasing functions.
- Assures the highest quality and timely delivery of materials, at the most effective total evaluated cost.
- Develops a strong working relationship with production facility buying and materials personnel for coordinating component transitions and effectivities.
- Establish relationships with current and new suppliers
- Provides input to the process of selecting an optimum number of suppliers in order to balance healthy competition while fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
- Qualify potential suppliers by determining their ability to perform work that meets expectations.
- Retains a strong working knowledge of Procurement Policies & Procedures
- Negotiates with qualified suppliers to obtain the best overall level of performance, cost, and flexibility in providing products and services, while retaining win-win philosophy for enhanced supplier partnerships.
- Interacts with other functional areas for expedient purchasing and supplier issue resolution.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of a supplier performance management system, including audits of deliveries, flexibility to inventory management programs, and quality of components provided.
- Works with IT, Materials, and other departments to develop and implement effective scorecard mechanisms for evaluating supplier performance
- Analyzes the value of products and services purchased, and conducts follow-up activities to communicate the results of evaluations to key personnel
- Interfaces with engineering to assist in new product development & production improvements. Establishes an environment of idea sharing that develops effective supplier and company-wide cross-functional relationship.
- Works with engineering to issue requests for quotation, evaluates responses, and communicates needed information and recommendations.
- Manages Purchasing responsibility in the associated ECO process.
- Places purchase orders, monitors delivery, and formalizes receipts, as required.
- Tracks the progress of first article components, from ordering through inspection.
- Encourages product/component standardization in order to create economies of scale and reduce variables, thus enhancing quality and developing potential cost savings.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a business or technical field, or equivalent purchasing experience with technically based procurements.
- APICS certification and CPM certification.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in purchasing / supply Chain.
starting at $70,000.00 /year