Summary of Position:
This position receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
• Assists with unloading delivery trucks, checking in merchandise and matching purchase orders to sales orders
• Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped
• Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, and color or product code
• Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department
• Open bales, crates and other containers
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed
• Assist in counting of physical inventory
• Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Organizational Skills
3. Technical Capacity
5. Time Management
This position works in a warehouse setting with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee in this position frequently communicates with other co-workers/clients who have inquiries about the various projects and other needs. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Constantly operate a computer and office machinery such as a calculator, keyboard, copy machine and printer. Frequently moves boxes with equipment weighing up to 25lbs across the building and/or to other offsite buildings for various project needs.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED, 1 Year of Experience
• Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving
• Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to operate a forklift truck
3MD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sex, age, race and color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other category that is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Shipping / Receiving Clerk