Supply Chain Assistant General Manager - Lenexa, KS
JCPenney is a Company driven by service, passion, integrity and courage. The Assistant General Manager will manage daily operations of processing activities of a Logistic center. This includes responsibility for the performance of a team of Operation Managers.
- Develop & execute strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and expenses in the Supply Chain
- Communicate with various support departments to offer suggestions and implement solutions
- Rely on both accurate data and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Develop and assist with presenting analytics, key trends and solution proposals to the General Manager
- Direct the team on activities and process that enable key strategies of customer first service and JCP core values.
- Focus on a safe and productive work environment.
- Lead collaboration & communication with the operations leadership team
- Coordinates with Support departments within Supply Chain to ensure uniformity and adhere to Company Policy and Procedures.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree preferred, business or operation major desired, or equivalent related experience
- 12-15 years in Logistics operations, preferrebaly with eCommerce (.com) fulfillment.
- Superior Leader and development abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, functions, and responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Strong critical thinking skills for proactive planning and crisis management.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.