Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Supply Chain and Data Analyst for the Infrastructure Supply Chain Solutions and Analytics team. This analytics leader will help shape the supply chain design, operational performance, and strategic control points to achieve desired outcomes. Clearly representing end to end supply chain problems and opportunities to leadership team, seamlessly partnering with data scientists and data engineer, and deploying solutions to global team will be core. They will help build Facebook’s global supply chain & empower the team with advanced analytical tools allowing our planning, sourcing, manufacturing, and delivery teams become autonomous and better serve over 2.5 billion people globally!
1. Partner with leadership, engineers, program managers and data analyst to understand supply chain problems and opportunities.
2. Architect, validate and draw insights from supply chain metrics and underlying data to elevate the need for supply chain capabilities including (but not limited to) demand/supply planning, supply delivery reliability, inventory optimization, component quality, and supply chain design risk.
3. Leverage deep understanding of supply chain principles and appropriate analytics techniques to identify bottlenecks and critical control points in FB’s supply chain.
4. Provide thought leadership with data science techniques, anomaly detection, optimization, and simulation best practices to promote team’s analytical capabilities.
5. Translate business problems into manageable analytics projects and lead execution across cross-functional teams.
6. Develop decision support systems, accessible tools, and models that are scalable and reproducible to guide run-the-business and transformational capabilities.
7. Partner with Data Engineers early to align on data foundation and data quality strategies.
8. Communicate at scale through multiple mediums: Presentations, dashboards, company-wide datasets, bots and more.
9. Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Supply Chain Operations, Manufacturing, Economics or similar degrees.
10. 5+ years of experience partnering with leadership team to identify problems with data, understand drivers, and establish analytics roadmaps to drive improvements.
11. 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis within a large-scale company or fast-paced environment.
12. 3+ years of SQL experience.
13. Experience in acquiring data from various sources (data marts, excel, APIs, industry sources) and building repeatable and reproducible analysis.
14. Experience in communicating results of technical analyses with leadership team to influence strategy.
15. Experience with concepts of operations research, simulations, decision trees, and optimization.
16. Masters in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Supply Chain Operations, Manufacturing or equivalent.
17. 3+ years of development experience in any scripting language (e.g.Python).
18. 3+ years with statistical and predictive modeling tools (ex. R, SAS, Scikit Learn).
19. Experience transforming complex business problems into simple structured models and supply chain community stories.
20. Experience with Data Center Operation teams.
21. Familiar with notebook-based Data Science workflow with shared teams.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.