Supply Chain Inventory Planner
Location: Hyde Park, IL
Shift: 1st Shift
Supply Chain Inventory Planner Qualifications
This position will use lean management techniques to plan, requisition, expedite urgent orders and manage issues in regards to the flow of supplies which can include consignment and high dollar items. Communicates across all levels of management including Nursing, OR, Procedural Areas, and clinical labs. Communicates with vendors regarding any supply chain related issues, including but not limited to, expiration tracking/mitigation, cycle counting, annual physical inventory, par level analysis, product trials/conversions/discontinuations, backorder management, preference card management, storage location flow and overall organization. Conducts audit processes as required. Prepares, monitors, and coordinates all inventory status reports and takes a proactive approach to supply shortages, stock outs, and cost savings analysis. Performs research and data analysis to monitor and ensure Key Performance Indicators are at target levels according to established standards. Works closely with all areas of Supply Chain on adding new items to inventory and optimizes inventory levels accordingly.
Supply Chain Inventory Planner Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for planning, ordering, receiving and stocking of asset and expensed inventory for specified areas of responsibility. Responsible for all high dollar products while providing analysis on usage, availability and cost effectiveness. Manages (as required) all human tissue tracking in accordance with FDA standards from ordering, receiving, logging by model number, lot number, serial number and expiration date. Presents tissue management data upon request from Joint Commission. Responsible for forecasting analysis, cost analysis, procuring, tracking, replenishment, and billing on all implantable items for all surgical and procedural services, while maintaining daily logs for regulatory needs.
- Responsible for entire analysis of inventory including but not limited to: Low Stock, Out of Stock, future expiring, open order reconciliation, and per case usage. Works with vendors to prevent stock-outs and assists in identifying appropriate substitute for backordered items. Communicates with stakeholders and supply chain staff in regards to current stock levels, ordering, case schedule, backorders, product trials, and sub item issues. Provides detailed root cause analysis using 5 why, A3 and Plan/Do/Check/Act (PDCA) methodology as needed.
- Facilitates relationships with service specific vendors relating to communication of expiring items, consignment reconciliation, assisting in periodic cycle counts, model number updates discontinued products, product trials, and any other duties assigned by manager. Works closely with Supply Chain Sourcing team to provide data for updating supplier performance score cards.
- Responsible for all inventory management decisions including additions, changes, deletes, and par level analysis. Responsible for quarterly par reviews, highlighting detailed cost impact and savings, both short and long term. Provides data and feedback to clinicians on supply consumption and par level optimization, including preference card recommendations where applicable. Provides detailed analysis on RFID tagged items for cost savings tracking and utilization.
- Responsible for the flow, cleanliness (5S), and overall organization of owned and consigned inventory areas. Responsible for understanding/employing all lean methodology and participates/facilitates service Kaizen events.
- Participates in Supply Chain process improvement activities and events using appropriate tools and techniques such as 5S, Standard Work, Managing for Daily Improvement, Value Stream/Process Flow Mapping and Pull System/Kanban.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supply Chain Inventory Planner Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- One or two years of previous experience in supply chain preferred, Lean Management experience a plus.
- Requires high level of adaptability and interpersonal skills
Why Join Us
Weve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment with patients and with each other. Were in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If youd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, were doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.