Responsibilities include management of materials, including demand, releases, and receipts using SAP, supplier performance and supply management for assigned suppliers, products and facilities, manage material inventory plans for assigned items, align and coordinate efforts with operations and production planning to ensure timely receipt of all materials, develop unique inventory plans by category and customer, ensure realization of department goals and objectives, execute and maintain functional best practices.
* Handle designated customer accounts on a daily basis.
* Prepare and train staff on new developments, projects and customers.
* Manage the external demand with our supply constraints to deliver customer service while optimizing our run strategy
* Reach out for help cross functionally to meet the on time, in full customer expectations
* Establish best practices with demand planning time fences, weekly cadence and external reporting
* Voice of the Customer for Sales when making priority decisions
* Capable of handling multiple high pressure tasks at same time while maintaining composure and delivering for the customer (internal & external)
* Outbound planning of finished goods (last mile) will be critical to coordinate customer satisfaction
* Manage the staff and coordinate time off to have appropriate back ups on hand.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Utilizes SAP reports and data for efficient execution of functional responsibilities and objectives.
* Identifies and executes cost reductions.
* Supplier evaluation and development.
* Eliminates line downtime due to material availability issues.
* Identifies the "right size" for all assigned material inventories.
* Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
* Coordinates efficient receipt and movement of materials with third party warehouse, as needed.
* Work with internal and external freight resources to ensure timely deliveries of inbound materials at competitive rates.
* Assists in the identification and implementation of functional goals and objectives.
* Identifies and drives best practices within total supply chain, including the development of supplier and supply related metrics.
* Tracks, reports and processes quality performance issues for suppliers, works to eliminate supplier related quality issues for all materials.
* Maintain broad knowledge of customer products, promotions, or services Introduce new customers or carriers to the entire customer service staff and their expectations.
* Manage designated customer orders and schedule orders for delivery.
* Initiate status reports to customers when delays occur in responding to an Coordinate shipping scheduling with multiple facilities and also schedule intercompany transfers.
* Recommends potential issues to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
* Schedule conference calls with customers or carriers to develop working relationships
* Facilitate training on new developments with SAP/Yardview
* Interacts with customer and carriers via phone or e-mail on a regular basis.
* Alerts management or operations of any special loading instructions/ requirements based on customer expectations or requests.
* Manage and coordinate time off with the department staff to maintain high service levels.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
* Hearthside shipping/ receiving operation and production schedule. HFS planning, products, and production processes.
* Knowledge and experience with SAP
* Experienced in conflict resolution
* Prioritizes work based on short and long term objectives
* Successfully analyzes and presents data to multiple levels of the organization
* Well developed influence management skills
* Well developed project management skills
* Ability to handle both customer and employee issues.
* Assessing customer needs to resolve promptly and efficiently
* Adjusting to the changing schedules driven by the customer.
* Building customer confidence with proper follow through
* Writing effective e-mails to customers and carriers.
* Diffusing dissatisfied customer or carriers with calm, confident answers or solutions
* MS Office Suite, (Excel, Word and Power Point)
* 4 year degree in a related program
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled