Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Supply ChainManager to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, Michiganlocation.
This position is responsible for Managing key Supply Chainrelated functions such as materials planning, scheduling and orderingactivities associated with the delivery of specific customer products, directand indirect material purchasing, inventory control and warehousing, shippingand receiving.
This position will manage and direct supply chainpersonnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control ofmaterial to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assignedinventory levels. This position isexpected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chainmanagement techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and otherrelated tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customerrequirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion ofevery employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity,invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold,bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you canhelp us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manages current and future demand requirementswith manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion ofcustomer requirements
- Implements methods, practices and techniques toensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain toachieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meetingcustomer delivery requirements
- Manages plant purchasing activities for itemsprocured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirementsplanning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed tofacilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supplychain execution
- Ensures correct planning parameters andtransaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such asMFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
- Manages material cost and schedule impact ofproposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensuresuccessful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- Ensures quality of shipping documentation tomeet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
- Devises and manages physical inventory auditmethodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
- Evaluates operational performance of the groupin order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers,dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Coordinates with central Corporate Supply ChainFunction to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive bestpractices across Eaton Corp.
- Support compliance initiatives and corporatecommodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergyacross the operation
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Supply ChainManagement, with experience developing and controlling production schedules andinventory levels.
· Multiple years of related professional andsupervisory/Managerial experience
· This position requires use of information or accessto hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in arms regulations.All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines aU.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, orRefugee.
· Must be authorized to work in the United Stateswithout company sponsorship now or in the future
· Master’s in Business Administration from anaccredited institution.
· Full knowledge of materials planning systems(MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
· Experience/Education in forecasting, productline structures, and business cycles.
· Experience coordinating, implementing, andcontinually improving computerized scheduling system.
· Experience with Continuous Improvement Teams& Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Kaizen Leadership
· Experience coordinating physical inventory.
· Experience initiating and monitoring cyclecounting procedure to inspect and insure inventory on-hand accuracy.
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, orany other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
This position will manage and direct supply chainpersonnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control ofmaterial to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assignedinventory levels. This position isexpected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chainmanagement techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and otherrelated tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customerrequirements .