Kyodo Yushi Manufacturing Americas, LLC is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility producing lubricating grease located in Maize, Kansas. It will employ 35 employees with operations covering two shifts.
The Supply Chain/Materials Manager works closely with the Plant Manager to create the Master Production Schedule, analyzes the demand for raw material purchases and ensures that inventory levels are optimal to meet both production and customer requirements. The Supply Chain/Materials Manager maintains relationships with suppliers, creates purchase orders and plans delivery schedules to ensure that materials are purchased within budget, meet company specifications, and are delivered in a timely and efficient manner. The Supply Chain Manager maintains a thorough current knowledge of all products, manages receiving and shipping records in the ERP system and ensures that inventory lot numbers, COA’s and expiration dates of material are accurately recorded. The Supply Chain Manager accurately manages the flow of inventory movement in the ERP system from the receipt of raw materials through the recording of daily batch processing in the ERP system, though the shipping of finished goods in adherence to strict customer specifications. In addition, the Supply Chain Manager will support sourcing raw materials for Kyodo Yushi R&D and its sister facilities if necessary.
- Create purchase orders and plan delivery schedules to ensure that materials are purchased within budget, meet company specifications, and are received in a timely manner to meet established production schedules
- Maintain and establish relationships with suppliers, customers, and carriers, and brokers.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all products, containers, including raw materials, WIP and finished goods
- Manage daily receiving entries in computer system ensuring that materials received are properly recorded, in conformance with company standards, agree with purchase orders, and are affixed with proper identification labels
- Manage inventory movement using scanners and PC system to ensure the accuracy of inventory in the ERP system
- Manage the warehouse stock location system and accurately monitor inventory levels
- Authorize payment of vendor invoices by confirming that invoices agree to purchase orders and receiving records. Submit invoices for payment to accounting in a timely manner
- Manage the recording of daily production records in the ERP system using material processing batch sheets to accurately capture the recording of WIP and finished goods
- Manage receipt of customer orders to ensure that sales orders are acknowledged, verified, and shipped according to customer specifications. Confirm that inventory stock levels are adequate to meet customer requirements
- Manage daily shipping entries in computer system. Ensure that shipping labels and relevant shipping documents are in conformance with customer specifications prior to shipment
- Report daily shipping records to accounting to ensure that sales are properly and accurately recorded
- Assist the Plant Manager and Controller with relevant reports when necessary
- Assist with periodic physical inventory counts
- Follow established safety protocols.
- Organizational Skills – Ability to maintain a high level of accurate inventory tracking and organization
- Problem solving Skills – Ability to correct errors and modify processes as needed
- Technology Competency – Ability to understand and properly track inventory using handheld scanners and PC in addition to creating labels and shipping documents
- Attention to Detail – Ability to accurately and properly record transaction in the ERP system
- Quality Awareness – Understand the level of quality required by the automotive industry and perform accordingly.
- Sense of Responsibility – Understands the importance of maintaining and accurately reporting inventory movement to accomplish company objectives
- Teamwork - ability to work with other employees, vendors and customers establishing healthy positive work relationships
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the possibility of flexible more hours if necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant or related field
- Experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing management
- Shipping and receiving experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of electronic inventory tracking systems
- Participate and manage periodic physical inventory stock takes
- Manage export shipping requirements as necessary.