Supply Chain Manager
This is a leading manufacturer of commercial equipment. They are part of a multibillion-dollar global company whose products are distributed all over the world. We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager with a solid understanding of full supply chain leadership.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. In addition, this position plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors.
- Responsible for the Warehouse(s), Inventories, Cycle Counts, Transportation, Staff
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of warehouse, distribution and logistics solutions.
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Leads the customer service function (Order Management, Forecast, On Time Delivery, Safety Stocks, KAN BAN)
- Lead the qualification of suppliers. Develop and maintain supplier score cards
- Lead implementation of lean materials flow throughout supply chain and factory
- Lead Sales and Operations Planning process and Meetings
- Deploy ERP for Customer Orders Mass Load, MRP, MPS, Level Load, Shop Floor Control and Supplier Schedules
- Deploy proper Key performance indicators (PIMS) to measure, control and improve supply chain management.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Decision Making/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
- Leadership - Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others.
- Problem Solving/Analysis - Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, and understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts.
- Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Teamwork - Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- BSc/BA in logistics or relevant field
- APICS, CPIM/ Certified Production Inventory Management a plus
- Five or more years’ experience in supply chain management with three or more years in a supervisory function
- Microsoft Office
- ERP (AS 400, SAP, etc.)
- APICS / CPIM