The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for managing the all aspects of supply chain for the Schuylkill Haven plant – including raw material planning and releases; master scheduling and finite scheduling the production activities; warehousing, inventory control, transportation, and distribution functions for raw materials, WIP, and finished goods supporting a power cable manufacturing plant. The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. This position manages salaried and hourly employees.
The position reports to the Logistics Director for the North American Specialties business.
- Supervise the Production Planning and Scheduling Team in Schuylkill Haven with responsibilities including Master Scheduling, Production Planning / Coordination, Shop Floor Scheduling and Materials Planning in a manufacturing plant operating on a 24 hour basis.
- Directly responsible for the management and procurement of raw materials (100+ SKUs) using MRP within SAP ERP system with support from Corporate Purchasing.
- Directly responsible for coordinating and managing monthly stock take of all materials (i.e. Raw, WIP, and Finished Goods).
- Use Excel spreadsheets to manipulate data extracts from SAP to assist with determining materials and scheduling requirements.
- Team oriented with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with all levels of the organization from hourly associates to senior management.
- Effectively managing all distribution operations, including warehousing, inventory control, transportation, supplier management, quality, and customer service.
- Ensuring all operating goals are met, including cost, safety, schedule conformance, shipping accuracy, inventory accuracy, supply levels, customer service, employee productivity, etc.
- Overseeing the shipping and receiving functions, including scheduling, dispatching, and on-time delivery.
- Ensuring accurate inventory control and planning. Coordinate and supervise quarterly physical inventory take.
- Managing a team of hourly employees, including workforce planning and scheduling, employee relations, and employee development.
- Promoting and ensuring a safe and environmentally compliant work environment.
- Participating, as needed, in continuous improvement initiatives using tools such as Six Sigma, and other process improvement techniques.
- Monitor shipments; recommend shipping equipment and methods of packing.
- Manage all customer shipping issues, including claims for loss or damage.
The successful candidate for this position MUST have the following qualifications:
- Experience with ERP systems preferably SAP System. Experience with SAP Cable Solutions wire and cable industry module a definite plus.
- Materials planning and scheduling experience, preferably in a telecom or power cable manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years progressive production / materials planning and managerial experience (Materials, Shop floor, etc.).
- APICS and Six Sigma Certifications are a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize duties to meet deadlines daily with limited supervision.
- Willingness to work varying hours (evenings and weekends) depending on production requirements. Job duties require on average a 50 to 60 hour work week.
- 5+ years warehousing and distribution experience with Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Operations, Logistics or Business.
- Experience with US and Canadian Import / Export compliance especially NAFTA.