At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Process Lead - Supply Chain Operations drives business process improvement/transformation for Supply Chain and Manufacturing across the enterprise to optimize experience, streamline processes while improving overall effectiveness and efficiency. He/she understands best practices for business performance improvement and process design, is able to demonstrate ability to evaluate and assess gaps and opportunities and develop scalable outcomes.
The Business Process Lead will document As-Is and To-Be business processes, conduct analysis to recommend optimization opportunities and metrics to scale. In addition to rolling up her/his sleeves to transform business processes, the Business Process Lead will aid in determining and prioritizing technical requirements to deliver processes and metrics that Supply Chain and Manufacturing must develop in order to achieve our priorities and desired outcomes. The improvements will be focused on core Supply Chain and Manufacturing process improvements across supply chain planning and forecasting, inventory management, manufacturing, backlogs management, new product readiness, logistics and distribution and procurement. He/she will need to work cross-functional and organizationally, partnering with business stakeholders, Productivity Engineering (PE), etc.
Finally, the Business Process Lead will educate, coach and mentor newly maturing project and program managers across Supply Chain and Manufacturing. He/she will provide process improvement coaching to ensure a disciplined, data-driven approach to problem solving that will deliver on customer and business requirements and be a key contributor to the development of behaviors and practices that foster a culture of accountability and excellence in delivery. This role will be a dotted line report to the Sr. Director, Manufacturing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Design/Redesign Business Processes and Drive BPM Adoption
- Design and deploy a Supply Chain and Manufacturing operational excellence roadmap to drive process improvement prioritization, scheduling, and value flow.
- Leverage established process improvement (i.e. Lean and Six Sigma) methodologies to map current state processes and value streams including process profiles, timings, counts, roles and responsibilities along with other key data elements.
- Develop, maintain and update standardized operating procedures and policies that reduce process variation and drive process flexibility, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization’s performance across all functions by fostering cross functional relationships, decreasing redundant work, and removing non-value-added work.
- Measure, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of improvements post implementation and make appropriate future enhancements to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
Analyze Data and Report
- Work with senior leaders and stakeholders to lead the assessment, quantitative analysis and identification of current state processes, pain points and barriers then prioritize and recommend Supply Chain and Manufacturing process improvement efforts (future state solutions) aligned with the strategic plan to ensure long-term organizational improvements
- Partner with the business to create fact-based business cases that support process re-engineering efforts through a defined and measurable value-driven roadmap.
- Develop relevant KPIs and metrics aligned with the strategic plan, processes and deliverables (Scorecard development), to ensure an integrated, cascading measurement/feedback system.
- Ensure Supply Chain and Manufacturing master data key attributes are maintained and drive master data consistency, accuracy and availability.
- Provide regular status updates and reports to ensure the operational excellence roadmap, program and projects plans and functional process improvement plans add ongoing value.
Enhance Supply Chain and Manufacturing BPM Capability
- Serve as an expert in process transformation/optimization/improvement methods and tools to drive functional operational excellence capability.
- Serve as a change agent by driving the required cultural transformation and the adoption of successful process improvement practices and by diagnosing barriers to project success to facilitate resolution.
- Drive a BPM culture by developing and deploying tools and techniques that mobilize and develop individuals at all levels, encouraging cross-team collaboration.
- Assist or Lead multiple, complex, high-visibility BPM projects that challenge the business to generate productivity increases, reduce rework, improve quality and increase cost savings for reinvestment.
- Develop, execute and sustain effective project management process improvements to drive project productivity improvements.
- Standardize operational excellence best practices across the organization to drive functional consistency and robust standardization.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business.
- 8+ years’ experience and expertise supporting and leading in the Supply Chain and Manufacturing Business Process Management.
- 4+ years of experience in enterprise software or similar industry, specifically supporting the Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- A broad understanding of the business is highly desirable.
- Direct experience structuring and leading process improvement, designing and defining processes and workflow modeling across all levels.
- Experience in multiple cross-functional Supply Chain and Manufacturing business process areas. Strong knowledge of order to cash processes including revenue management, procure to pay and record to report.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge to diverse situations.
- Experience in using analytical tools for business analysis - Snowflake and/or Tableau is a plus.
- Super user of Supply Chain and Manufacturing enterprise systems - preferably Oracle cloud.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Excellent problem-solving, conflict resolution, active listening, and time management skills.
- Commitment to producing high-quality, cutting edge deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in the use process improvement methodologies, such as Lean or Six Sigma, and related approaches, such as Kaizens and Root Cause Analysis
NICE TO HAVE
Certification or Training in Six Sigma Black Belt and Project Management is highly desirable.
ABOUT 10x GENOMICS
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.