At Aerojet Rocketdyne, our people further the exploration of space and keep America safe. We are a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its customers throughout domestic and international markets.We are currently seeking a Supply Chain and Materiel Management (SCMM) Compliance Specialist to provide compliance support of the procurement and estimating processes in support of all Aerojet Rocketdyne’s Aerospace and Defense products. As a SCMM Compliance Specialist at Aerojet Rocketdyne, you will be responsible for understanding the broad range of issues encountered by the SCMM center of excellence that includes subcontracting, logistics, and property. Compliance effort is conducted in a dynamic, fast paced, deadline driven environment in the highly regulated government contracting and subcontract field.
This position will be located at our Camden ARoffice and may be filled at this level or one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
40% - Carries out broad and complex assignments in the analysis of complex SCMM issues with minimal supervision. This responsibility includes an in-depth review of government and non-government supply chain issues, evaluation of government regulations in coordination with legal and other company specialists, recommendation of policy or process improvements, writing or revising policies and procedures, developing/updating training on related topics of government procurement. 20% - Conducts purchase order reviews for compliance with Government regulations, Aerojet Rocketdyne (AR) policies and procedures and sound business practices. Develops tools and job-aids for use by buyers to aid in compliance; evaluates automated systems for process improvements and implementation of policy guidance.20% - Reviews customer contracts and prepares contract flowdown documentation to be incorporated into RFQs and purchase orders to be issued to suppliers; coordinates with Contracts, Legal and other subject matter experts to resolve issues related to ensuring accurate flowdown of customer contractual requirements; and maintains internal records of customer contract requirements for use as references by other staff (i.e., Contract Summary spreadsheet and/or Procurement Briefs) 10% - When necessary, provide support of internal and external audits.10% - Mentors and/or assists in training buyers in subjects related to SCMM areas of responsibility and government contracting and procurement compliance.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and ten (10) years of directly related experience OR a Master's degree with eight (8) years of experience.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Requires knowledge in:
- Applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense, NASA and other agency FAR supplements, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and processes affecting procurement and contractual functions.
- Government contracting and subcontracting principles.
- General accounting practices, proposal methodology and estimating techniques.
- Research methods and techniques.
- Computer systems to prepare reports and documents with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- ERP systems and data extraction.
- Technical report writing procedures and techniques.
- Principles of decision analysis.
- Research and analyze data.
- Establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships.
- Support supplier negotiations.
- Prepare effective presentations of conclusions and recommendations.
- Write formal procedural documents.
- Train Government contracting and related topics to peers and procurement professionals.
- Operate effectively in a team environment.
- Manage multiple projects with efficiency and effectiveness, and complete projects with a high level of accuracy.
- Follow established procedures and instructions for conducting studies and preparing reports.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical matters.
- Interface with DCAA/DCMA and government auditors.
- Interface with supplier personnel and their executive management at all levels.
- Travel as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.