Founded in 1978 and based in Coppell, Texas, The Container Store is the nation’s original and leading retailer of storage and organization products, offering innovative and multifunctional solutions designed to simplify customers’ lives, save space and, ultimately, save time. The Container Store has locations from coast to coast and a thriving online business.
What We Stand For
What you do matters. Experience The Container Store’s employee-first culture where you are appreciated, valued, and empowered to work together for a higher purpose. We create exceptional customer service experiences while fulfilling our customer’s storage and organization needs. Living out our 7 Foundation Principles has landed us on FORTUNE magazine’s list of 'Best Companies to Work for' year after year.
The Operations Analyst position is responsible for research, analysis, design, proper documentation and support for all systems utilized by the Logistics and Distribution Center teams. This role includes Warehouse Management System configuration support, software integration support and data analysis as well as design, documentation, testing and implementation of changes required to support new business processes.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Analysis and modification to Manhattan Warehouse Management System configuration to support continuous improvement initiatives and process/layout changes within the Distribution Center
- Provides troubleshooting as situations arise concerning Distribution technology, order management system (Manhattan Sales Order Flow Management), and store inventory and fulfillment systems
- Understanding of relational database systems and ability to data mine using SQL to identify improvement opportunities in process flows, space utilization, safety and equipment usage
- Offers first line of support for recurring support items to ensure a process or systemic resolution through research into root cause
- On-call support for Distribution Center Operations as needed and/or on-rotation
- Makes strategic and effective decisions in the best interest of our customers and our company, taking care to objectively process information
- Partners with Distribution Center operations, Store Operations, Merchandise Planning and Supply chain development team on project initiatives
- Participates in evolving the Agile/Scrum based initiatives
The Benefits of Working Here
- Our benefits exemplify our commitment to an employee-first culture, ensuring employees and their families are well taken care of, safe and secure. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Discount: 50% on elfa, 40% on Merchandise and Gift Cards, 30% on Installation
- Paid Time Off plus Holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Employee First Fund: providing grants to employees experiencing unforeseen emergencies
What You Bring To Us
- College degree in Supply Chain or Information Systems preferred or comparable experience
- 2 - 4 years of experience with SQL and relational database systems, Oracle preferred with intermediate skill in writing queries, understanding proper table joins via indexed columns, etc.
- Experience supporting Warehouse Management Systems required, Manhattan Warehouse Management System preferred
- Experience with Manhattan’s Slotting Optimization, Labor Management, Store Inventory Fulfillment and/or Order Management system a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify underlying causes of business issues and recommend appropriate corrective action or problem resolution
- Strong communication, problem solving, presentation and analytical skills are crucial
- Strong understanding of how complex application systems interrelate
- Flexible, with a positive attitude and passion for knowledge
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum), preferred
- Ability to collaborate with operations team and product owners in designing and developing processes or functionality
- Ability to work with the team to define test cases, metrics and resolution guidelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point and Word are a must
The Container Store promotes a smoke-free, drug-free environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and comply with the