Supply and Demand Planner:
Westchester, New York based Consumer Packaged Goods is looking for an experienced, hands-on supply chain professional with advanced/expert computer and Excel skills.
The Supply/Demand Planner will be responsible for sales and inventory forecasting and the entire supply chain planning for the company. The objective of this position is to maximize service levels while at the same time effectively controlling inventory levels.
- Generate/maintain monthly/weekly, statistical and adjusted demand plans
- Analyze & monitor demand patterns
- Forecast and adjust future demand plans
- Determine the product mix and quantities needed for maintaining proper inventory levels
- Liaise with overseas manufacturing partners and place orders
- Monitor the scheduled shipments of orders
- Analyze forecast accuracy
- Determine root causes of planning imbalances to continuously improve forecasts & inventory levels
- Function as the primary expert regarding demand for Delta Brands products. Use this expertise to advise the sales team regarding how various events impact sales
- Demonstrate personal accountability to achieve inventory and customer service objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or other related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Operations, Supply Chain Management or Demand Forecasting. A minimum of 3 years in Supply/Demand Planning is required.
- CPG Supply and demand planning experience preferred
- Experience with finished goods import a plus
- Experience with advanced ERP systems a plus
- Expert Level MS Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables etc.). Candidate will be tested prior to job offering.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
- Dependable with proficient attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills