Primary Location: United States (US)- Iowa - Ankeny
Function: Supply Management / Logistics
Title: Supply Management Specialist- 69666
As a Supply Management Specialist for John Deere in Des Moines, IA, you will support multi-functional procurement teams responsible for commodity management activities in Quality, Delivery, and Cost. In addition, you will :
- Develop & support ongoing relationships with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve quality and delivery performance, and lead efforts to address and improve chronic supplier performance issues.
- Support the factory shared goals of on-time service delivery, material availability, and asset management.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts related to performance and lowest total cost with the supply base utilizing Achieving Excellence process/criteria and appropriate supply management tools.
- Develop and monitor supplier and part inventory plans to mitigate supplier risk while maintaining goal level assets.
- Support negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers as necessary.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Adaptability to manage projects and responsibilities simultaneously with the ability to shift priorities as needed in situations with high stress, impact, or criticality
- Experience working proactively in a self-guided environment with the ability to seek out additional responsibility
- Strong skills in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Experience in working and effectively communicating in a team and cross-functional environment
- Advanced understanding of SAP
- Demonstrated results in business and process improvement through data analysis
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in Supply Management or related fields such as production control, material flow, indirect purchasing, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, etc. and how the outputs of those functional groups contribute to success in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Supply Management common processes, tools, and technology
- Project management experience
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business/Management discipline, in an Engineering/Technology discipline, in a Supply Management discipline or in an Accounting/Finance discipline
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.