Supply Planner, Loveland CO, US
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Supply Planner will be a part of a newly implemented Integrated Business Planning group. Supply Planning is responsible for ensuring adequate mid to long-term production/material plans are in place for assigned regions. The Supply Planner role utilizes tools and operational methodologies to develop, evaluate, recommend and execute mid to long term inventory distribution plans in support of Nutrien Ag Solutions operations. The position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Loveland, CO.
- Responsible for mid to long-term Finished Goods requirement planning for assigned SKUs/market, which includes running the master production schedule in the system, and resolving alerts and exceptions that occur
- Responsible for parameter maintenance in SAP IBP for assigned SKUs/market
- Communicate with Branches, Suppliers and Procurement to ensure conformance to schedule and drive labor / capacity plans to secure customer service delivery
- Manage inventory levels to target expectations and customer service availability agreements
- Responsible for stock balancing and inventory positioning across the distribution network in line with boundary settings and latest demand plans
- Manage shelf-life / aging inventory reviews and related exception management
- Support Supply Planning Manager in preparation for S&OP Supply Review meeting
- Measure performance on capacity constraints and boundary settings. Escalate violations to Supply Planning Senior Manager, as needed
- Track contract coverage position and raise any new requisitions to Procurement
- Identify risks and opportunities in medium term material supply plans and drive dialogue and escalation
- Leverage systems to provide the most up to date and accurate information regarding supply chain constraints and supplier challenges.
- Track, monitor and measure incoming and outgoing volumes of distribution centers and make recommendations regarding capacity needs.
- Collaborate with Demand Planner for specified region to constrain forecast based on supply availability.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders for creating action plans on Non-compliant KPI’s.
- Other areas added as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with 2-3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Familiarity with SAP/IBP preferred
- APICS CPIM certification a plus
- Prior experience should include applying supply chain principles including procurement, sourcing, inventory management and logistics.
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with external teams and business partners.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to support and interact effectively with other core business functions (Sales, Operations, Procurement, Distribution, and Logistics).
- This person can understand, predict, and enhance supply chain processes.
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solution policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran