The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. This personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Supply Planner is responsible for master production scheduling & the management of finished goods, work in process, excess & obsolete inventory. Typically, candidates will be assigned to large and/or complex production networks. This position is a key driver in creating, planning and coordinating with production schedules, while balancing customer service levels, capacity constraints and minimizing distressed product risks. The role is tasked with maintaining strong partnerships with manufacturing operations & plant schedulers to manage stock levels – as well as, using data insights to establish critical system parameters towards Target & Safety Stock settings. Manages data horizons of 26 – 52 weeks for capacity planning of production/labor resources. The role also balances available stock within the distribution network for operational efficiencies with base & pre-build business situations. Senior Supply Planners will also be leveraged for mentoring other supply planners & be viewed as informal leaders within the supply planning organization.
- From the Consensus Demand Plan, the role creates finished goods needed to support customer orders, forecasted demand & inventory stocking requirements.
- Monitors demand forecasts and inventory levels to identify changes and determines their effect on production plans.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure inventory is managed according to constraints and targets that are aligned with the business strategy.
- Identifies possible future capacity constraints and bottlenecks & addresses with the proper organizational resources.
- Establishes critical inventory parameters for Target & Safety Stock settings for finished goods, while considering supply lead time, warehouse and transportation constraints.
- Reviews and analyzes line capacity to determine whether alternate sourcing is required.
- Actively interacts with demand management, manufacturing, quality, warehousing & transportation to solve finished goods issues & consumption patterns. Manages the escalation process and develops/monitors contingency planning protocols.
- Measures, analyzes, and reports key process metrics while monitoring adherence to key performance indicators (KPI) that are assigned to the assigned product categories.
- Identifies possible material shortages against inventory plans and develops action items. Marshal resources to address action items and follow up on all material shortage-related issues.
- Responsible for long-term capacity status, weekly category KPI updates, product shortage reporting & ad-hoc daily information flow amongst supply. planning partners (Demand Planning, Customer Service, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Business Management).
- Accountable for Key metrics to include:
- Case Fill Rate %
- Distress to Sales Ratio
- Working Capital/Days On Hand Inventory (DOH)
- Stock Transfer Order Utilization – Weights/Cube
- Pre-build Monitoring – Production & Storage
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in supply chain management/operations/finance/engineering/mathematics.
- 5+ years of experience with proven successful track record of handling highly complex networks within supply planning, inventory control, logistics management and/or manufacturing production – perishable manufacturing environment, required.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in a team-based environment within a manufacturing or supply chain field.
- 2+ years of experience with SAP and its related supply chain applications.
- 2+ years of experience with Advance Planning Systems (Logility/JDA/APO/etc.) is required – specifically Logility is a plus.
- Proficiency using PC-base Technology (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access).
- Strong technical skills around data management, analytics, data processing and problem-solving.
- Strong mathematical/statistical abilities.
- Hands on experience with modeling, analysis & simulation tools.
- Project management & process improvement mindset/experiences.
- Proven ability to build working business relationships & provide leadership across functions.
- High level of interpersonal skills & hands-on experience working with multiple partners to resolve exceptions and negotiate best alternatives in meeting service level goals.
- 10% - 15% travel is required.
- 401K with company match
- Generous relocation package
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans
- Tuition reimbursement