Job Title: Support Agent
Location: Indianapolis, IN - 46280
Duration: Full Time/Permanent
Company : BCforward
Global Support Team Lead/Global Support Center Manager
The Jr Support Analyst is the single point of contact when assisting customers with all manner of incident reports and requests. This position is required to perform all Global Support functions including, but not limited to, answering calls, creating service tickets, assisting callers with issues, documenting those issues, documenting issue resolutions (when possible), or re-routing calls and help tickets as applicable.
Organization currently uses FreshDesk for all service management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience for every requester who calls the Support Center for assistance
- Capture and document all details of an incident in the ticketing system (FreshDesk)
- Respond to requests for verifications of employment, unemployment claims and audit requests
- Maintain employee files as directed by the legal and compliance team, including paper filing, file room auditing and reorganization
- Analyze customer/user jargon into technical terms understood by an application and system analyst teams
- Respond to requests and effectively coordinate the execution of the Incident-Problem-Change processes
- Use global perspective to analyze issues, create suggestions for resolution and communicate changes
- Moderate technical ability in the following areas:
- Microsoft Operating System technical navigation and support
- Microsoft Productivity Software (Office 365, Internet Explorer) technical navigation and support
- Other workplace services technologies as directed
- Interface with the other team members to provide additional information to assist in the resolution of incidents as fast as possible
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
This position does not have any management or supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical certifications are preferred – ITIL
- Basic HR, compliance and confidentiality concepts
- ADP, eRecruit/eStaff Experience
- Able to source, work with, and combine disparate data sets to answer business questions.
- Inquisitive technical and business skills to understand, test, or challenge the status quo while working harmoniously with the business and technology owners.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling teams to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, 40-hours per week position, and typical hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Additional shifts may be assigned as business needs dictate and occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is not a regular expectation of this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off
Computer Support Specialist