When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others. Named as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the 11th time, Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living organization with over 100 years of excellent service, and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
Nine Mile Creek Senior Living Community offers a total of 93 units; Independent, Assisted and Memory Care. Our community is located in Bloomington, Minnesota next to the natural and rejuvenating setting of Moir Park with all the culture and entertainment of the Twin Cities just minutes away. As well, we are close to public transportation. Managed by Ebenezer, Nine Mile Staff is long tenured and believes in Ebenezer’s mission to heal, discover, and educate for longer healthier, more meaningful lives.
We are looking for a Chef to support our Assisted Living Community. This role is responsible for ensuring that meals are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and resident expectations.
This cooking position includes;
- 80 hours in two weeks
- Benefit eligible ( PTO, Medical, Dental, Retirement, Tuition Reimbursement) https://www.ebenezercares.org/benefits.html
8 hour shifts; block schedule
- Ensuring that meals are served and presented in accordance with applicable regulations and customer expectations
- Preparation of meals by following standardized recipes
- Handles and prepares food in a safe manner following policies and infection control and safety standards.
- Ensure timely production and meal service is provided to residents
- Set up line service
- Clean and sanitize equipment and work area after each use
- Assists with special events
- ServSafe certification, or must be obtained within 90 days of start date
- Basic math skills and must be comfortable using Microsoft applications
- Must have good problem solving and time management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Vocational/technical training/education/degree
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- 2 years high volume cooking experience in a similar environment
- Scratch cooking experience