ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have the area’s largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years, residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award winner in our market. In fact, we’re the only hospital in northwest Ohio to receive this honor.
The Support Coordinator is responsible for the creation and maintenance of unit schedules for the nursing divisions of The Toledo Hospital and Toledo Children's Hospital. Effectively manages the entry of payroll data into the prganization's time and attendance software system so that payrool deadlines are met and employees are paid correctly and in accordance with the hospital's pay policies.
- Serves as primary staffing support for the unit directors.
- Prepares monthly schedules and reviews them with the unit director to assure accuracy prior to posting of the schedules on the unit.
- Provides timely updates to unit leadership regarding vacant shifts through the development of a unit "needs list" as well as notification of call-offs.
- Accurately enters employee's hours worked into the time and attendance system so that payroll deadlines are met and employees are paid correctly.
- Audits entries in the time and attendance system to insure compliance with organization pay policies and procedures. Obtains appropriate administrative approvals for any variation from established policy or procedure.
- Collaborates with unit leadership to insure that information needed for scheduling and payroll processing is available and accurate.
- Assist with the filling of vacant shifts through various means, including but not limited to contacting staff directly. Develops and maintains a department call list to assist with this process.
- Prepares and distributes various payroll, attendance, leave of absence reports on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with post-high school courses in clerical, accounting or data processing field of study preferred.
- Previous clerical, scheduling, or payroll experience required.
- Must have prior data entry experience.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 25 wpm. - Typing test will be administered.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is highly desirable.
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries;requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate by telephone.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 30 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 70,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,700 physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900 healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 450 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace