IT Site Support Technician
Duration: 3-6 month Contract potential Hire
Location: Crawfordsville, IN
Responsible for providing enterprise-level assistance. This role will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems as well as install applications and programs as needed. Responsibilities include identifying and resolving PC, network, or server issues, as well as configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. Provide customer friendly interactions to timely and accurately resolve issues and deploy solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS : This position requires a minimum of one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT plus four (4) years of experience in the different areas.
- Associates’s degree in IT plus five (5) years of experience in the different areas.
- Professional certification plus six (6) years of experience in the different areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of PC operating systems.
- Excellent PC hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of current PC hardware and software standards.
- Experience in overseeing the design and implementation of PC hardware, software, and related products.
- Experience with computer security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Experience with core software applications, such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Citrix.
- Experience with basic server and network hardware and configuration.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills and work ethic.
- Installs, administers and maintains PC operating systems, and associated system software, including upgrades, preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Provides incident and problem management with responsibility for resolution and root cause analysis of complex PC hardware and software issues and basic server and network issues.
- Builds knowledge of IT Infrastrucure.
- Assists with the development of new and modification of exisiting procedures and clearly communicates such procedures and developments to other stakeholders.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensures all issues and requests are properly logged.
- Monitors and evaluates system performance and perform tuning functions to achieve optimal system efficiency and throughput.
- Monitors and evaluates system capacity through analysis and/or trends and to make upgrade recommendations.
- Interfaces and cooperates with business and applications support teams and regional infrastructure functions including operations, network, and Service Desk as required.
- Participates in development of computer policies while understanding the business impact of said policies.
- Maintains familiarity with security policies for the Wintel Platform per policy established by IT Security.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for 7 days per month may be required.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer or infrastructure components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, and peripherals.
Network Support Technician