Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
Are you organized, reliable and pay attention to details?
Are you passionate about helping users solve technical questions and work in a can-do customer focused team atmosphere?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a Support Service Queue Coordinator who is passionate about supporting end-users on a variety of software and technical related issues. We are passionate about and committed to evaluating user needs, defining technical problems, and working with engineering/development staff to provide sustainable solutions. We perform ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance. We are expected to identify, research, and resolve problems. You will provide solutions and craft and maintain documentation to use in both within the department and for deployment to end-users.
As a Support Service Queue Coordinator...
- Your main responsibility will be to lead and coordinate IT ticketing system queues for the service desk including scheduling and ticket queue assignments. In addition you are responsible for generating and conducting analysis of daily reports that document team performance in addressing incidents, service requests, and abandonment rate. Collaborate with other Queue Coordinators to resolve ticket transition issues or improve the customer experience. Actively develop improvement initiatives and solutions to enhance documentation and improve processes. Monitor processes to ensure standard operating procedures are followed and that corresponding service tickets are addressed within identified SLA(s)
- You will also be responsible to conduct bi-weekly services analysis and deliver feedback on performance and compliance to the peer team members as part of a continuous improvements efforts. Conduct one-on-one training for new employees and contractors.
- You will lead to resolution raised customer technical requests and security concerns. Pull in appropriate engineering resources to resolve customer requests in a timely manner. Provide weekly status updates to the ADX Management team.
- You will work on analyzing daily, weekly and monthly operational metrics. Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures. Maintain documentation for audits, and perform routine internal audits of tickets and documentation in preparation for audits. Help develop and implement process improvements and assist with other projects which improve or are in support of departments and group’s goals.
- You will assist with first call resolution for desktop, laptop, and network connectivity problems. Help research, analyze, and diagnose problems with client systems including hardware and software, servers, peripheral equipment, and networks. Assist in solving problems using documented processes where available and standard methodologies where not. Devices are comprised of various OS platforms including Windows, Linux.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Posses a Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of relevant IT experience or 4 years of relevant IT experience without a degree.
- Strong customer service experience and demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management, customers, and staff to learn and understand their issues / requirements and ensure they are resolved.
- Ability to work in a team environment in support of shared objectives, and make sound decisions independently when necessary.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems for users. Ability to independently resolve widely varying problems using current job knowledge and using research and external resources.
- Hardware, software and networking experience. Hardware experience ought to include desktops, laptops, and printers. Software experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office. Networking experience to include understanding of TCP/IP and DNS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange.
- Highly motivated and have strong customer focus with the ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification
- Hold an active Secret security clearance and are able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government secret clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field.
- 2-4 year’s experience with system management tools.
- Experience with identifying security related issues such as system hacks, computer viruses, worms, and spyware.
- Capable of functioning as an authority and leading at least one small project team as a technical contributor.
- Software experience with Desktop remote control tools.
- Experience supporting Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Highly motivated with strong presentations skills and a desire to contribute to the success and direction for the group.
- Certifications: A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE),Dell Certified Enterprise Engineer (DCEE), ITIL.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.