Teknor Apex Company is a privately held, global material science company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 9 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, and Belgium.
As a Plant Chemist / Engineer for the (TPE) Thermoplastic Elastomers business you will provide technical support to the KY manufacturing facility focusing on improving reliability and capability, which includes product management, regulatory compliance, raw material evaluations, specification management/alignment with capabilities, support for quality complaint resolution, process engineering support, and laboratory management.
- Works closely with manufacturing to improve capability and reliability; process optimization, test method enhancement, specification development, scale-up trials, product or raw material transfers, implementing MOC protocols, quality complaint resolution, etc.
- Provides manufacturing support to Technical Service, Application Development, Sales and Marketing, Purchasing, Regulatory and works directly with testing laboratories, suppliers and customers as appropriate.
- Assists Raw Material Specialist and Supply Chain with prioritizing, evaluating, approving, and implementing effectively across the other functions new and alternative sources of supply.
- Responsible for the KY plant laboratories. Exercises good safety conduct in all working environments both on and off site in compliance with safety policies and procedures. Identifies potential unsafe situations and takes immediate actions when applicable. Reports unsafe situations and suggests improvements. Support manufacturing for QC testing.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating assigned product line(s) including nomenclature, specifications, technical data sheets, etc.
- Assists Global Product Manager to initiate, enhance, advocate, and counsel with organization regarding adherence to company and business policies and regulatory compliance protocols,
- Capable of writing technical papers and reports and prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, formulas or tests.
- Active use of technology supporting tools.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a field of study such as Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other technical discipline.
- Experience and capability to write technical papers and reports using sound statistical and engineering principles.
- Prefer 1-3 years of polymer experience related to Polymer Engineering, Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- The ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a collaborative manner.