- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Support Substitute Pool
K-12 - District Wide
This Pool Includes Multiple Support Substitute Positions
(Not a complete list of available substitute positions)
Before and After School
Special Education ParaprofessionalDay to Day Substitutes - Current substitutes do not need to apply
Please read entire posting and requirements prior to applying
An orientation is required for all approved applicants prior to being added to the substitute list. You will be notified by the Human Resources Department by email if you are selected for orientation.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Ability and willingness to take directions
- Ability and willingness to meet needs of students
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Each category of support substitute has different duties based on the assignment.
Skills and Knowledge:
- No experience required
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations:
Safety to Self and Others:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Recognizes the importance of safety in the workplace, follows safety rules, practices safe work habits, and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For your application to be deemed complete, you must complete the following:
1. Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions.
2. Upload current resume.
The entire application process is completed online. Please complete and upload all documents via the Applitrack system.
Terms of Employment - Nothing contained in this job description is intended to create any contractual obligation on the part of the substitute or the school district. Substitutes have the right to terminate their association with the school district, with or without reason, and the school district retains the same right.
District 49 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit the Office of Civil Rights for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.