RoomReady delivers video conferencing, content sharing, and meeting management technology that creates simple, personal, and consistent experiences.
We are known for being great with both our employees and customers. We offer a great salary and benefit package including, for example, fully paid health insurance for employees and their qualified beneficiaries.
Headquartered in the heart of Central Illinois, we are a fast growing, family-owned business with a strong commitment to serving others and honoring our core values. Our dynamic group of professionals sets us apart because of these commitments and a strong Midwestern work ethic that is second to none. We are seeking talented, solution-focused, innovative professionals to join our growing team.
We are currently seeking a full-time, client-dedicated Support Technician to serve our valued client in the Bloomington Illinois or Central Illinois area.
Please see the job description below for more information on this position.
The Support Technician is responsible for the daily activities of Service and Support to our Customers, both internal and external. Additionally, must maintain a broad level overview of RR’s on-going support services as well as ground level knowledge of any challenges or hurdles specific to any support services.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The following areas of responsibility represent Key Results Areas (KRA’s) for which performance will be measured:
1.1 Receives support calls escalated by Tier 1 and provide remote troubleshooting support to clients.
1.2 Documents all troubleshooting steps performed per support call; escalate to Tier 3, as required.
1.3 Serves as Tier 3, on-site client support upon request.
1.4 Provides training for the technical staff to develop and maintain the skills required providing the highest level of support for products that the company promotes.
1.5 Ensures consistent adherence to company established technical service standards, thereby insuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
1.6 Resolves customer problems or complaints relating to support calls are promptly addressed and documented as per company policies and/or guidelines.
1.7 Provides proper tools, materials and test equipment to maintain the highest technical quality possible within the constraints of strong financial management.
1.8 Maintains accurate service supplies and materials inventory levels to ensure adequate availability for support calls.
2.0 Service Call Standards
2.1 Tests all equipment upon termination to ensure performance of system.
2.2 Performs physical installation of a job (e.g. pull wire; terminate cable; properly hang equipment).
2.3 Completes all required documentation accurately and within expected time frames.
2.4 Maintains a debris free and orderly work space/job site
2.5 Communicates work delays and/or issues as they occur.
2.6 Interacts professionally and tactfully with others on job-sites.
2.0 Client Training
2.1 Provides on-site Client training as required.
2.2 Interprets quick user guides which summarizes the training content to send to Clients during training presentation.
3.0 Additional Responsibilities
3.1 Performs work in adherence to OSHA and company safety policies and procedures as they are introduced to the Company; promptly reports unsafe work conditions to supervisor.
3.2 Cultivates positive working relationships within and across departments.
3.3 Engages in behaviors that foster a healthy work environment and company culture.
3.4 Presents self in a professional manner and appropriately represents the Company image.
3.5 Adheres to company-issued policies, procedures, core values, behavioral or other standards as prescribed by the Company.
3.6 Other tasks and duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Advanced knowledge and experience installing and troubleshooting RR installation.
· Must have knowledge of the technical aspects of the video system in which training is being delivered.
· Proficiency in programs as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and CMR.
· Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle stressful situations.
· Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
· Must be solution-focused, personable, forward-thinking and extremely organized.
· Possess adequate communication, customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external team members.
· Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies as they are introduced to the Company.
· Highly adaptable to change.
· Ability to present self in a professional manner and positively represent the company image.
Required Education and/or Work Experience
· CTS or equivalent experience.
· CQT or equivalent experience.
· Proficiency with construction techniques and structured cabling.
· End-User Training Experience.
Requirements (Physical Demands (ADA))
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such requests should be made to the position’s supervisor, and consultation with Human Resources.
· Ability to communicate and interact verbally, both in person and over the phone.
· Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
· Ability to operate hand tools.
· Ability to climb ladders, work on scaffolding and lifts, etc.
· Ability to lift, up to 50 pounds independently and up to 100 pounds with assistance, regularly.
· Ability to travel to/from national and international work locations up to 100% of the time.
· Ability to travel overnight, up to 100% of the time.
- Ability to use company equipment including but not limited to: personal computers, basic scanning devices, smart phones, and professional tablet.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.