About the job:
The Support Technician’s responsibilities include ensuring the organization’s managed services clients receive fast, professional and technically accurate remote and on-site resolution of Windows desktop, local area network and basic information technology issues.
- Update, resolve and close service tickets by quickly responding to and resolving client- and remote management and monitoring system-reported technology issues.
- Schedule appointments for delivering remote technology support and performing follow up tasks and provide professional client updates.
- Provide installation, troubleshooting and support for basic networking issues, VPNs and Windows desktop operating systems, client software programs and applications.
- Create new user accounts, administer user rights and privileges and reset user passwords using Windows servers.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer-level support.
- Comply with all organization business policies, workflow processes and documentation practices.
- Practical, working knowledge of computer networking technologies, above-average working knowledge of all modern Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and familiarity administering basic Windows server functions.
- Above-average proficiency administering Microsoft Office productivity suites.
- Working knowledge creating VPN users and troubleshooting VPN connections on common (Cisco, SonicWall, Fortinet, etc.) routers.
- Associate’s Degree or better in a related field.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience fulfilling help desk responsibilities and supporting Windows desktops, business applications and end users.
- Ceaseless desire to deliver unsurpassed customer service and maintain knowledge and understanding of new technologies.
- Stable employment history is required.