SIGNING BONUS: For a limited time, EBI is offering a signing bonus of $250 to all new employees, plus an additional $250 bonus after the first 90 days of employment. That's a total of $500 extra income to thank you for joining our team. Apply today!
About this Position:
EBI’s Supported Employment Services has an opening for a Specialist in Alameda County. This is a full-time position with the Supported Employment team to provide coverage as needed to supported clients, to assist with intensive job coaching support for newly hired supported clients, and to assist the employment development team during internships or assessments and pre-employment activities.
We're passionate about raising the bar of employment options and opportunities and seek a person who shares this passion and can provide effective on-the-job support to individuals with autism, cerebral palsy, down syndrome, and other developmental disabilities to ensure success. This job is a good way to gain experience in the nonprofit sector, social work, human services or case management. We seek people who want to make a difference in the lives of others and are both gifted teachers and teachable themselves.
You would receive training to:
- Adapt training and support techniques to individual needs and learning styles
- Provide one-to-one support to individuals while they are working, participating in an internship, or during pre-employment activities
- Assist clients to understand and report wages and subsidies in regards to Social Security
- Work as part of the Employment Services Job Development team and assist during job placement with travel training, new-hire clearances for supported client, initial training, and coordination with employer
- Develop vocational sites to provide External Situational Assessments (ESA) and provides supports and completes reports related to the ESA
- Provide outreach to employers to create employment opportunities
- Act as floater within Supported Employment to cover open cases, and to provide coverage when primary support staff are out
Health and Wellness Benefits:
- Medical coverage for those working 30 hours a week or more, with three different health plans for you to choose from
- Dental and vision coverage for both full-time and part-time staff
- Free mental health counseling sessions for you and members of your household
- Annual health & wellness fair with free massage, cooking demonstration, wellness seminar, and wellness gift raffles
- Semi-monthly yoga classes at our office - paid time!
- Flexible Spending Account so you can use pre-tax dollars to cover your medical expenses
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, allowing you to use pre-tax dollars to cover childcare expenses
- Commuter benefits, allowing you to save big on BART and bus with pre-tax dollars loaded onto your clipper card
Investing in your Future Benefits:
- 403(b) retirement plan so you can invest in your future
- Free financial coaching from an expert advisor to help answer any financial questions you may have
- Education Assistance Fund, providing reimbursement for tuition, fees, and supplies for education and self-enrichment courses
Career Advancement Benefits:
- Membership in the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 1021, helping you advocate for employment terms that work for you
- Ability to view and apply for supervisory position openings before they are advertised to the general public - we love to promote from within!
- Many opportunities for training so you can feel confident in the work you do and prepare for future career opportunities
- Paid sick leave for all employees, and paid vacation for full-time employees
- Paid holidays for all
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job driving at 54.5 cents per mile
- Free legal consultation for any legal concerns you may have outside of work
- Staff appreciation month with a BBQ, a party, daily raffles, and more, to celebrate you and the important work that you do
This job might be for you if:
- You believe that all people should be in the driver’s seat of their own life
- You have your own reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance, and you are willing to drive to different employment sites throughout the day (we reimburse mileage!)
- You are able to meet the requirements of the employers we work with, including dress code, health clearances, and background checks
- You like working independently but communicate with your team and supervisor
- You are comfortable completing documentation and following reporting protocols
- You have basic computer skills and an ability to learn computer programs
- You have experience working with individuals with disabilities, previous job coaching experience, experience performing administrative tasks, and/or knowledge of task analysis
The Specialist position is full-time, usually Monday through Friday, but will include occasional early morning, late evening, and weekend assignments. Full-time staff are preferred, but we would be willing to consider part-time hours for the right person!
Salary: $18.25 per hour
About our Organization:
Established in 1994, East Bay Innovations (EBI) is a non-profit human services organization that supports people with developmental disabilities, such as intellectual disabilities, autism, and cerebral palsy. Our person centered services support people to live in their own homes, make choices about how they live, work in jobs of their choosing, and enjoy being part of their communities. We seek to further the human rights and empowerment of people with disabilities, and hire people who care about social justice and want to make a difference in the lives of others.
*East Bay Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.