|General Description of Position:|
The Dental admin assistant provides general dental office support for the start-up of the Dental Hygiene Clinic and Dental Hygiene Laboratory. This position reports to the Dental Hygiene Department Chair.
1. Provides dental hygiene clinic support.
2. Sets up and maintains inventory of consumables in the clinic.
3. Performs routine maintenance of dental clinic equipment.
4. Establishes maintenance schedules for clinic equipment.
5. Organizes and maintains MSDS sheets.
6. Organizes manuals associated with clinic equipment.
7. Assists Program Chair in developing a clinic manual.
9. Receives department equipment and organizes accordingly.
10. Label, organize and establish efficient routines for operation of a dental clinic and dental lab.
11. Carry out the duties of a dental receptionist including answering the phone and scheduling appointments.
12. Performs other duties as assigned consistent with commonly accepted practices.
Must possess excellent communication skills, good math skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, display extreme attention to details, maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, and work with minimum supervision.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish), knowledge of dental terminology, HIPAA, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard and the delivery of dental services .
Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
|Work Hours:||Monday - Friday, some Saturday hours may be required|
|Hiring Range:||$12.00 per hour|
|Team Ivy Referral:|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.