CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AH22J2 Laboratory, Exempt
Function:Environmental, Health & Safety
This position leads and supervises the people and activities necessary to perform the day to day activities of the facility laboratory, including conducting and overseeing quality assurance and quality control, and collecting, analyzing and interpreting lab results. Assist Environmental Department to comply with company policies and governmental permits
- Ensure safe working conditions are present in all laboratory activities and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is used by the lab personnel within the lab and within process areas.
- Maintains policies, plans and procedures pertaining to the control of chemical processes involved in the production process.
- Assist environmental activities to comply with company policies and governmental permits.
- Maintain records and reports to certify accuracy of analyses for product shipments.
- Maintain approved laboratory certification for various governmental reporting requirements.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance programs and related testing for all applicable products.
- Works closely with operations and facility management team to relay process control analytical information.
- Work closely with Corporate Quality team to investigate and resolve quality deficiencies.
- Select, train and develop laboratory analysts to perform their job in support of plant activities and their personal development plans.
- Ensure adequate lab technician coverage is maintained in the lab to perform timely testing requirements.
- Ensures the laboratory maintains compliance with the testing requirements as required to comply with QA/QC and environmental requirements
- Identifies deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to deficiencies or disregard to following existing processes/procedures.
- Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
- Participate in and/or facilitate regulatory inspections and/or quality audits.
- Ensures laboratory testing equipment is up to date and repaired/replaced as necessary.
- Maintains an inventory of analytical testing reagents, glassware, and supplies.
- Prepares reports as required that summarize analytical testing results and lab activities.
- Order, maintain and install precious metal catalysts for Nitric Acid plant.
Bachelors of Science degree is required. BS Chemistry degree or Chemical Engineering degree preferred. Demonstrated experience with Leadership of an Analytical Chemistry lab or lab unit hosting multiple technicians. Demonstrated experience with multiple analytical Chemistry skills (chromatography, spectroscopy, wet chemistry). Basic understanding of requirements for a lab operating under a NPDES permit. Communication skills to interact successfully with Process Engineers, Production Engineers, EHS Team.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the“Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.