Founded in 1887, Dignity Health - California Hospital Medical Center is a 318-bed, acute care, nonprofit hospital located in downtown Los Angeles. The hospital offers a full complement of services including a Level II trauma center, the Los Angeles Center for Women�s Health, obstetrics and pediatric services, and comprehensive cardiac and surgical services. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation�s five largest health care systems. Visit https://www.dignityhealth.org/socal/locations/californiahospital for more information.
ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: Provides oversight and supervision to staff Respiratory Therapists for all areas of the hospital. Monitors workload and provides scheduling assignments. Provides support to the Respiratory Therapy staff when necessary to assist with patient care during peak workloads or in the event of sick calls. Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides expertise in care to all areas of the hospital and all patient populations on an independent level when required. Functions as a resource for both internal and external customers in all aspects of Respiratory Care.
- Oversees staff and workload, respecting changing priorities in daily operations. Supervises patient care in terms of workload assignments, quality of care and utilization of resources on all shifts. Supervises planning of staff education, in services and staff meetings.
- Manages the daily operations of the Respiratory Care Department to ensure compliance to all standards of practice and licensing/regulatory requirements.
- Supervises training of new employees and students and nursing personnel. Functions as a resource for both internal and external customers in all aspects of Respiratory Care. Assists in coordinating services to insure appropriateness, consistency, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of service, for all patient age groups.
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical acute care experience as a Respiratory Therapist.
- License as a Respiratory Therapist. Certification per facility requirements.