Primarily responsible for installing, maintaining, adjusting, calibrating, troubleshooting instrumentation/electronic equipment and tuning various control loops, repairing valves, actuators and pneumatic positioners, installing conduit and tubing. Identifies and resolves issues involving instrumentation/electrical equipment. Implementation of new equipment. Works independently and executes small in-house projects.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews Control Room log for issues
- Maintains storage tanks and reagents
- Makes changes to process variables, diagnosis, reviews trending data
- Assists with commissioning, i.e., wiring, functionality, proper termination, simulation and testing on instrumentation and control systems
- Troubleshoots issues with instrumentation/electronics
- Communicates with specific hardware using various tools like computers, multimeters and specialized software.
- Provides technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and equipment modification.
- Develops and plans instrumentation/electrical maintenance work including parts specification for controls projects, routine preventative maintenance, instrument/electrical systems, and operational improvements.
- Performs analysis, detailed designs (including documentation), installations, start-ups/checkouts/debugging, and cost control of assigned projects
- Monitors plant systems, analyzes performance, and initiates actions for optimization to achieve plant goals for safety, productivity, and cost effectiveness
- Assists with maintaining PLC/DCS hardware, install switches, and performs maintenance on the network as needed
- Manages records regarding all systems throughout the plant
- Must be able to read instructions, blue prints, and manuals, and use any meters, hand tools, and shop equipment required to perform tasks
- Installs, troubleshoots, or repairs conduit wire, controls and motors.
- Installs, troubleshoots or repairs instrumentation, pneumatic and electronic.
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs drive systems
- Install, troubleshoot and repair control systems
- Maintains and develops plant electrical and instrumentation systems to ensure the productive capability of the plant
- Performs preventative maintenance to prevent major production interruption and to ensure the safe operating condition of the plant
- Assists in the training of others to improve and develop their knowledge of plant systems