Supervises Plant Production crews and generation of product.
- Facilitates, monitors and evaluates the safety, quality, performance and skills of employees.
- Conducts safety meetings.
- Observes and enforces all safety and company rules and policies.
- Identifies training needs of employees.
- Assigns work in accordance with customer and budget requirements.
- Verifies that employee is properly trained for assigned work.
- Prepares operating reports, (tons run, tons produced, down time, and maintenance required.)
- Determine appropriate levels of inputs to meet production goals.
- Monitors equipment for efficiency and repair needs.
- Maintains accurate records of time worked by operations personnel.
- Analyzes problems in process and directs corrective actions.
- Coordinates production activities with other Shift Foremen
- Determines if work areas are safe.
- Communicates company information to employees and pertinent information to management.
Front-end loader, process equipment (crusher, boiler, refinery, crystallizer, thickener, compactor, transfer equipment, pumps, loaders) and pick-up truck.
Education and/or Experience
High School Graduate
Plant operating experience, good communication skills, computer literate in Word, Excel and Outlook, ability to schedule activities and assign work, ability to train, coach and mentor employees, able to speak to a group and give presentations.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications
Valid Driver’s license
All production activities and personnel of the East Sylvite and Langbeinite Plant.