WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world's infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in 100 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a Surface Transportation Leader/Assistant Vice President to manage the mid Florida geography located in the southeast region. A region that delivers over $40 Million in annual transportation engineering revenue. This position will collaborate frequently with Michael Baker's Vice Presidents and operations managers across the Florida Region to build the surface transportation practice and report directly to the Office Executive in Tampa.
- This position will facilitate the ongoing growth of Michael Baker's transportation business, by performing extensive client outreach and providing direction on major transportation pursuits and industry expertise to our clients.
- The Practice Leader will also play a significant role in managing quality and meeting targeted profitability goals on transportation projects, as well as providing resource management to ensure our transportation projects are executed with a high level of efficiency and technical excellence.
- The position will require leadership supporting PD&E, conventional roadway design and design build projects and support strategic focus in the execution of our business plan.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping to address some of our nation's most critical infrastructure challenges while building the future of our organization!
- Minimum of 15-20 years of technical transportation design/analysis/construction experience.
- Bachelor's degree in civil/structural engineering from an accredited university
- A Florida Professional Engineer registration in good standing.
- Experience demonstrating growing revenues substantially in the transportation markets.
- Knowledge/experience with design/construction across entire spectrum of transportation modes, including railroad, transit, aviation, highway and bridge.
- Technical excellence with the development of major transportation proposals and pursuits. Strong written and verbal skills, with exceptional presentation leadership skills are required.
- Progressive demonstrated experience with design bid build Solid client engagement experience related to direct meetings, strategy projects and industry associations.
- Demonstrated relationships/experience working with DOTs at the executive level.
- Knowledge of financial aspects of the engineering business, demonstrated new work added and measured goals to achieve.
- Demonstrated strategic planning for long term business plans, including measure goals to achieve engagement and leadership of strategic pursuits.
- Knowledge of state capital funding and operating budgets, the funding process and how its allocated.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with client engagement programs.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, capture planning.
- Attract and recruit high end talent to the organization with the ability to retain, develop, and promote.
- Past demonstrated experience with quality management and implementation/enforcement of QA/QC standards.
- Self-motivated with solid business experience and understanding of cross selling and multi model transportation including highway, bridges, aviation, rail, and transit.
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Ability to facilitate/create training via regular internal webinars/engagements as well as coach and prepare the internal team to present to potential clients.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.