Looking for a dynamic leader for our Acute Care Surgery opportunity at Portsmouth Regional Hospital!
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a New Hampshire Trauma Medical Review Committee (TMRC) designated Level II trauma center. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only level II trauma center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Hospital website: http://www.portsmouthhospital.com/
- 209-bed Acute Care Facility
- Level II ACS verified trauma center
- 12hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12hr secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- Robust regional referral opportunities
- Busy Emergency General Surgery component
- 14-bed ICU (and growing) *excellent support
- Services include Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology, Neurosurgery, Hybrid OR, Cardiac Surgery & more.
- Approximately 1,000 trauma admissions per year (higher volumes in the summer) Mainly blunt traumas with 3% penetrating
Trauma Medical Director Criteria:
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Required
- ATLS Required
- Leadership experience preferred