Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
Under direct RN supervision, the Surgery Aide is responsible for safely transporting patients to and from the Operating Room. The Surgery Aide assists the RN with positioning the patient for surgical procedures. The Surgery Aide assists with handling surgical supplies, equipment, and performs cleaning duties within the OR suites. The Surgery Aide will assist in handling and transporting specimens from OR to the lab.
This position is a 0.4 FTE (32 hours/pay period) working, days/evenings/every 6th weekend.
- Transport and transfer patients from inpatient units to and from the operating room table
- Perform cleaning duties within the OR suites
- Assist in room turnovers for the operating room for all cases
- Participate in equipment assembly
- Maintain specific OR supply inventory
- Assist the OR team with positioning patients for surgery
- Maintain safe corridors and keep them free of clutter
- Support sterilization and cleaning of instruments
- Deliver specimens, equipment, blood and x-rays to and from the OR
- Keep OR environment clean
- Stock linen as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with a health care team in a direct patient care area
- Successful completion of on-the-job training program or applicable experience and demonstrated competence
- -OR- an approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Anyone hired after 2/1/2015 must be in possession of a Nursing Assistant certificate or ability to obtain Nursing Assistant certificate within 6 months
- BLS certificate from the American Heart Association
- 1 year experience working in an Operating Room
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to transport and assist with moving patients
- Good knowledge of body mechanics
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.