Richmond is officially one of the best places in the world! Richmond has a wealth of history and has a growing slate of breweries. We were buying fresh and local before you were, our 17th street farmer’s market has been going strong since 1737 and is one of the oldest public markets in the nation. We are the Redskin’s stomping ground during the summer, our $2 movies are actually in theaters, Richmond’s wall art is taking over the world, and the mountains are practically right outside our doorstep and so are the beaches. We are known as the River City. The James River Park System covers over 550 acres of shorelines and islands offers much to do, including class IV rapids for an eighth of a mile. We have all the amenities of larger cities, for half the price. The weather is downright agreeable, we get all four seasons and the weather will rarely get in your way.
Virginia Veterinary Centers is expanding our surgery department and would like to add new members to our surgical team. Members of the surgery team function with a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. Solid technical skills and anesthesia knowledge base, sound judgment, and the ability to function both independently and with a team are required. Strong communication skills, verbal and written; organizational skills; proactive thinking and the right attitude are also a must.
- Pre-anesthetic patient evaluation, anesthesia induction, maintenance and post-surgical care
- Use, maintenance and troubleshooting of veterinary anesthetic and monitoring equipment
- Familiarity with and ability to calculate and administer anesthetic and other medications
- Assistance in a variety of advanced procedures including orthopedic, soft tissue, and laparoscopic
- Ability to work alongside board-certified veterinary specialists and emergency clinicians in all aspects of veterinary care including examination, hospitalization, treatment, procedures, and surgery.
- Critical thinking and taking an active part in treatment planning and execution.
- Interaction with clients and referring veterinarians regarding patient care.
- Advanced skills in catheter placement, including sampling and multi-lumen catheters.
- Collection of diagnostic samples such as phlebotomy and urinary catheterization.
- Familiarity with administration of blood products such as pRBCs and plasma.
- Advanced radiographic positioning and restraint techniques including orthopedic and soft tissue.
- Associate and Licensed (required)
- At least two solid years of veterinary surgical experience
- Strong communication and client service skills
- Proven ability to multi-task in a busy work setting
- Strong sense of compassion and empathy for our patients
We are committed to the professional development of our team members and provide opportunities for advancement. Experience is always a plus, but we are also willing to train and mentor new graduates. We recognize the importance of work/life balance and strive to provide a schedule conducive to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all our employees.
- Competitive wages and $3,000 sign on bonus and COBRA coverage with FT employment.
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k),
- Generous paid time off,
- CE allowance,
- Personal pet discounts.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 20.00 Hourly