Synaptic Resources is seeking Bachelor Degree applicants who are passionate about patient care and who want to maximize their science degrees and training. We are looking for technologists who share our goal to become the foremost IONM service provider.
A neurological intraoperative technologist works in a hospital alongside surgeons and anesthesiologists. This technologist is someone who both prepares patients for neuro-diagnostic procedures and conducts intraoperative monitoring procedures on patients. The purpose of the monitoring is to reduce the risk of neurological defects after patients have operations. Some of the technologies used by the technologist include electromyography, somatosensory-evoked potentials, and electroencephalography.
This type of work is both mental and physical. The technologists will have to be able to understand and record the medical data in the reports. The technologists will need to have good communication skills and will have to be flexible enough to be able to adapt to various situations, regarding recording the patient's information. In addition, the job has physical aspects, since the technologists will have to be able to lift, pull, and push both the patients and various pieces of equipment.
- Take medical histories and prepare the patient for the procedure
- Apply electrodes to the patient's head and muscles for the appropriate monitoring
- Monitor patient during the procedure and respond to medical emergencies
- Maintain the diagnostic equipment to ensure accurate testing and diagnoses
- Monitor in the OR of nervous system function during various surgeries
- Able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends and call rotation
Synaptic Resources offers competitive compensation and benefits, including Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and life insurances. Additionally, we offer a 401k retirement plan with a competitive match.
We are a large company and have the capability to promote talented and motivated employees and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. See our website at: www.synapticresources.com
Surgical Technician / Technologist