Surgical Services Educator AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- $10,000 Sign On and $3,000 Relocation
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
- Full Time, Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides didactic, lab, clinical training, instruction and functional education for all Surgical Services.
- Develops, implements and evaluates orientation for new employees; coordinates, assigns, monitors clinical rotations of orientees.
- Supervises and Monitors Preceptor activities.
- Develops, implements and evaluates the Graduate Nurses in Surgical Services.
- Provides continuing education and in-services determined by the needs of the staff/facility.
- Coordinates preparation and implementation of department specific learning needs through ALN.
- Acts as a resource for staff educational opportunities.
- Guides, directs, supervises and involves staff in developing educational programs.
- Coordinates and conducts American Heart Association classes.
- Coordinates ORNIP (Operating Room Nurse Intern Program), surgical Tech and RN student program.
- Coordinates clinical rotations for school affiliations in healthcare programs.
- Services as Liaison with pharmaceutical and product reps to provide ongoing education in new drugs and technology.
- Demonstrates commitment to all department and corporate compliance policies.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or in progress
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR).
- BLS, ACLS Instructor.
- 3-years Operating Room or Surgical Services nursing experience.
- 1-year teaching experience.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.