You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) in the Operating Room.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You respond calmly in high pressure situations.
You’re generous with your thoughts, your partnership and especially your voice in the OR because your opinion matters.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
When you choose us for a surgical career, you’ll be a member of an expert surgical team at Lutheran Medical Center with a track record of success. We are happy to offer relocation assistance to help your transition. In addition to general surgery, which treats a broad range of conditions, our surgical services include:
- Brain and spine surgery
- Cancer surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Heart and vascular surgery
- Orthopedic surgery, including joint replacements; orthopedic neck and spine surgery
Lutheran Medical Centeris part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Dating back to 1905, we are proud of the rich history and inspiring mission our hospital has embodied for over 110 years.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a CST, you need to know how to:
- Assist in nursing care and preparation of surgical patients. Assemble, organize and complete case carts according to doctor’s preference lists.
- Provide appropriate instrumentation, suture and all supplies as requested and provide and maintain a sterile environment. May assist surgeon by passing instruments to surgeon during cases.
- Count sponges, needles, blades and instruments using proper technique and established policy.
- Assist in maintenance and care of specimens and prepare for laboratory analysis. Handle specimens, implants, dressings, soiled instruments, contaminated materials and sharps in accordance with established policy and recommended standards of practice.
- Assist with timely turnover of rooms, including clean up, replacement and restocking of supplies and equipment. Care for instruments and equipment.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Graduate of a formal, accredited Surgical Technologist program, required
- Current NCCT Surgical Technologist certification (TS-C) or NBSTSA certification, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association, required
- At least one (1) year of OR scrubbing experience, preferred
- At least one (1) year of clinical experience in an accredited hospital, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a CST on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.