To perform scrub duties and assist in the nursing care of the surgical patient before, during and after the surgical procedure.
1. Provides a safe, efficient, and supportive environment for the surgical patient.
2. Applies the knowledge of normal pathological anatomy and physiology and the actions of pharmacologic agents in order to individualize patient care.
3. Applies principles of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner to provide optimum patient care. This includes respect of the patient's right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
4. Prepares and knows the specific uses of all equipment and supplies used for surgical procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of the step by step progress of specific surgical procedures and display dexterity in the use of the required instrumentation.
5. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon in order to expedite the procedure, thus minimizing the patient's exposure to surgical and anesthetic stress.
6. Develops and improves skills in the organization of work and in assisting the surgeon in learning to use economy in time, motion and materials.
7. Identifies emergency situations and uses judgement in instituting established procedures to respond to emergencies in a calm and efficient manner.
8. Completes a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education per year, and maintains certification. Completes preceptor training and demonstrates the ability to perform one-on-one instruction for all students and staff learning the scrub role.
9. Participates in providing inservicing to other staff relative to role as surgical technologist.
10. Functions efficiently and in a professional manner in all aspects of surgical care, during both routine and special duties, recognizing the importance in teamwork, consideration and cooperation.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Surgical Technologist Certification.
Minimum Experience: one year
Location: Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 12
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
FTE: 0.600000 24 and 36 control hours, Delivery Room dept
Work Type: Part-Time
* Certified Surgical Technician
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
Employment Type: Part Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years