ARIZONA SPECIALTY HOSPITAL, CHANDLER, AZ
Under the supervision of the Manager of Perioperative services and OR charge nurse, the Surgical Tech will:
- Be responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competence.
Ensure sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assist circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assist circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clinical experience in Operating Room environment desired.
- Certification in OR Technology preferred.
- Current certification in BLS.
- Gown and glove surgeons and assistants.
- Assist in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retain all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transport all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assist in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets as needed..
- Interact appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Use Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assist with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.