At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Surgical Technician supports the department of Surgical Services in the provision of patient care by the coordination of surgical instrumentation and performance of scrub technologist activities. Additional responsibilities include the provision of organizational, communication and assistive skills necessary to facilitate the flow of surgical service activities. These responsibilities include availability/maintenance of instruments, adherence to the principles of asepsis, knowledge of surgical procedures, and support of resources to patients, visitors, physicians, staff and ancillary personnel. Additional duties support orientation/training of new personnel and collaboration with the healthcare team towards achieving fiscal and quality care goals and of outcomes for the divisions within surgical services. The position also supports the Materials Coordinator and Director of Surgical Services in the implementation of surgical services activities.
Examples of duties include
- Communication to facilitate patient care delivery and unit efficiency
- Performance of daily organization of surgical field
- Provide case specific supplies, instrumentation and equipment
- Adheres to Patient Safety Protocol
- Maintain unit readiness for emergency cases
- Assist with instrumentation and supplies for surgery schedule (case picking)
- Maintain current/accurate unit information
- Participate in patient charge process/preference list updates
- Assist with instrument room activities
- Support staff cross-training
- One or more years of experience in acute surgical setting preferred.
- Graduate of accredited surgical technologist program or military training program.
- Expertise with instrument processing and asepsis.
- Knowledge of sterility standards, AAMI and AORN.
- CORT/CST certificate preferred
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS CPR required