Proudly serving the residents of Pittsburgh’s western suburbs for more than 100 years.
Today, it is Ohio Valley Hospital’s mission to provide programs and services that improve the quality of life of community members across our service area. Our staff and administration strive to provide caring, cost-effective, and friendly health care. We view safety and quality as top priorities — while also encouraging innovative and creative approaches to improving patient outcomes.
Great career opportunities are waiting for you at Ohio Valley Hospital.
Our mission of quality, personalized health care for every patient is not the only outstanding benefit we bring to our community. There are lots of great jobs here too. Challenging, important work. Rewarding careers for those willing to dedicate themselves to providing health care and other crucial assistance to our patients.
Currently Ohio Valley Hospital is recruiting a full time Surgical Technician. The Surgical Technician is responsible for assisting the surgical team with the multidisciplinary activities required to provide the highest standard of care for the perioperative patient. The Surgical Technician functions under the supervision of the RN an as a member of the OR team.
Essential Job Functions
- Applies correct aseptic technique, practices infection control, and uses sterilization principles, practices, and techniques.
- Uses knowledge of the physiological, pathological, and anatomical aspects of the surgical procedures assigned within the context of surgical technician training, including equipment utilized during the procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of standards of care, technical developments, and product availability.
- Assists the surgical team during procedures involving clients of the following age categories: infant, pediatric, adult, and geriatric.
- Ability to scrub within any specialty, with any surgeon, and during procedures involving clients of any age category.
- Additional Job Responsibilities
- Prepares medications as necessary adhering to hospital safe medication handling techniques and under the direction of the Circulating Nurse and/or Surgeon.
- Cleans, packages, and sterilizes Operating Room instruments and supplies.
- Transports patients to and from the Operating Room as needed with age specific safety techniques utilized for all age groups.
- Updates Surgeon's preference card as needed and communicates changes to the OR staff members.
- Participates in an "On-Call" rotation and weekend/holiday coverage system as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an approved School of Surgical Technology required.
- Certification in Surgical Technology preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
Technical Skills & Abilities - Must have strong computer/informatics skills.
Communication Skills & Abilities - Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
Other Skills & Abilities - Ability to scrub within any specialty, with any surgeon, and participate on any procedure involving clients of any age is required.