Job Number: 191494
Department: VM Lynnwood - Ambulatory Surgery
The Surgical Technician provides technical assistance to the surgeon intraoperatively by scrubbing, setting up, and maintaining a sterile field for surgical procedures; assembling instruments and equipment; preparing medications for use at the sterile field; and functioning as a member of the surgical team.
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
- Current registration with the State of Washington as a Surgical Technician.
- Also required are: working knowledge of anatomy and physiology; working knowledge of pharmacology and medical terminology; understanding of instrumentation and equipment; skill in establishing and maintaining a sterile field; skill in draping a patient.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to act as a member of the team.
- The ability to anticipate the needs of a surgeon and patient.
- The ability to operate effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
- Ability to take night and/or weekend call required.
- Ability to independently lift up to 20 pounds.
- Grasping and manual dexterity required to hand and/or finger items frequently (sometimes continuously).
- Able to maintain a retracted position for up to one hour.
- Clear visual and auditory acuity with or without accomodation required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extensive walking, sitting, standing, lifting, stretching, and bending required (the staff member is expected to use, demonstrate, and teach good body mechanics.)
- Ability to move equipment using a wheeled cart.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.