WHPacific, an NV5 company, is seeking a Survey Analyst to join its Boise team.
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
WHPacific, an NV5 company, is a leader in providing surveying, civil engineering (transportation – roadway & bridge and land development), water resources and planning services with multiple offices in the Western United States. The person in this position will have a background in advanced survey technologies and a desire to assist professional land surveyors in growing and expanding those services which include 3D LiDAR Scanning and Modeling and the use of UAV’s. Other duties will include scheduling of the survey field crews, performing computations and drafting, assisting with business development and pursuing a path to professional licensure if not already licensed as a professional surveyor. This is primarily an office survey position but could also involve working in the field to assist the survey crews when needed.
- Assist in expanding our advanced survey technology services locally and across the region and take an active role in winning projects and developing client relationships.
- Performs all types of surveys, including land boundary, topographic mapping, right of way and corridor surveys, hydrographic surveys, control surveys, 3D Scanning and Modeling and UAV mapping.
- Perform office duties, i.e. data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using Civil3D, MicroStation (desired), and Trimble Business Center. Will also need skills in map drafting and production of survey deliverables.
- Oversight and scheduling of the survey field crew’s daily activities working in conjunction with the needs of our local projects and through work share with the other offices of WHPacific.
- Efficiently operate and adjust survey measuring instruments including Digital Levels, RTK/Static GPS/GNSS equipment, Robotic Total Stations, Terrestrial Scanners & UAV’s.
- Performs mathematical calculations and field checking of field data.
- Reads and understands plans and specifications.
- Know basic sources of measurement errors.
- Know principles of monumentation and the PLSS system of surveys.
- Adhere to the company's policies and safety plans.
- Adhere to quality standards (WHPacific and Industry)
- Review project deliverables and communicate survey deficiencies
- Ability to travel and stay overnight on jobs at times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- AS or BS Degree in Surveying and Mapping (or related field), required.
- Four Years’ survey experience, including experience as a Survey Party Chief.
- Four plus years’ experience in the use of 3D LiDAR Scanning (Static, Mobile, etc.), data registration/extraction and modeling.
- Four plus years’ experience in the use of Trimble Total Stations, GPS Receivers and Data Collectors.
- UAV/UAS operation, data acquisition and data reduction experience desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of survey measurement, staking and marking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision.
- Valid driver’s license required, must be able to meet company insurability requirements.
- LSIT required, with the ability and desire to obtain your surveying professional licensure within 1 year in either Idaho, Oregon or Washington.
- FAA 107 Certification or desire to obtain preferred
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.