Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong, heavy civil construction surveying skills to use while building roads and bridges?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Survey Party Chief for projects in the San Antonio area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Survey Party Chief will perform surveys for one or more projects.
- Field Surveying
- Review and interpret construction drawings and blueprints
- Construction layout and verification
Specific Duties Performed (But not limited to):
- Establishes benchmarks, monuments, centerlines, grade traverses, slopes and other reference points which are essential for correct installation or construction.
- Assists craft supervision, as required, in the review and proper interpretation of construction plans and drawings.
- Makes a final check of all work layout to insure proper adherence to references given, both by survey and by technical drawings.
- Supervises the field adjustment and calibration of survey equipment.
- Makes calculations and sets up field survey books that can be used by outside parties to accomplish layout work.
- Uses survey instruments to accomplish tasks.
- Conducts Tool Box Safety Meetings, enforces all safety regulations, and to be constantly alert to all safety conditions (good and bad).
- Conducts on-the-job training for qualified personnel and records and reports hours on Foreman’s Daily Control.
- 1 to 5+ years’ experience working on a survey crew on heavy-civil construction projects
- Experience with the following:
- Bridge structures
- Trimble equipment
- Roadway layout
- Wall layout
- TOPO experience
- 3D machine control/3d concrete paving/3d asphalt paving a huge plus!
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/employee-ownership.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please.
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, become the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
- Experience with the following: -Bridge structures -Trimble equipment -Roadway layout -Wall layout -TOPO experience -3D machine control/3d concrete paving/3d asphalt paving a huge plus!
- Experience working a survey crew on heavy-civil construction projects
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description