Imagine a professional services firm with vision beyond “the ordinary.” A firm with deep subject-matter expertise as well as deep national resources. A firm committed to putting clients at the center of everything it does. That firm is Dewberry. And those qualities are among the pillars of what we call “The Dewberry Way” – a set of guiding principles and values that govern the way we’ve done business for more than a half-century. Our architects, engineers, and consultants – many of whom are internationally recognized authorities – offer a proven track record of providing award-winning services and solutions to a wide variety of public- and private-sector clients. We’ve built long-term, trusted relationships through unsurpassed client service and a dedication to solving today’s – and tomorrow’s – most complex challenges. In the process, we help our clients transform their communities and improve the quality of life.
Dewberry is currently seeking a motivated Survey Project Manager to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Mount Laurel/ Bloomfield, NJ office. Duties include: business development; consulting; preparing proposals and contracts; providing guidance and direction to field crew(s) and surveying technicians; overseeing and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans; conducting deed and plan research and review; preparing ROW plans and agreements; overseeing field work associated with land surveying, engineering and construction projects; performing survey computations and boundary resolution; CAD oversight and quality assurance, adherence with and advocate for all safety requirements, procedures and protocols.
- Providing guidance and direction to office staff and field crew(s)
- Survey computations and resolution
- Computer-aided design and drafting
- Team building skills within the technical survey staff
- Overseeing and/or directing preparation of all types of survey plans
- Train field staff in land surveying procedures
- Prepare weekly survey crew schedules
- Coordinate with One Call centers and local utility providers
- Monitor project schedules, budgets & deliverables
- Manage and coordinate projects with multiple team members including other business units
- Responsible charge for survey work being performed under their supervision and licensor
- Business Development / Marketing
- Consulting with clients
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in all aspects of land surveying, project management is required
- AAS or BS Degree in Surveying is preferred
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in NJ or NY or the ability to obtain within one year is required (Multi State Licensor is preferred)
- A successful track record of building client relationships in the surveying and related mapping industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing
- A successful track record in business leadership and business performance
- Experienced in all aspects of Land Surveying (Site Civil, Utilities, Energy & Public Transportation Agencies a plus)
- Perform Boundary Surveys & ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys & As-built plans
- Data reduction and processing of field files, topographic surveys, etc.
- Knowledge of Trimble (TBC), AutoCAD, Carlson, Microstation and InRoads software is a plus
- Railroad experience a plus
- Must have a clean driving record and be able to maintain a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicle
- Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrains
- Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
- Must be able to pass Federal Security screening
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening
- Must be dependable
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.