DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation has a Professional Surveying Project Manager opportunity in Burns Harbor, IN.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple basic or moderately complex projects simultaneously with possible leadership responsibility for support staff.
- Responsible for assisting on all aspects of Professional Surveying projects.
- Direct the planning and development of project scope, procedure and budget.
- Review proposed contracts to determine significant parameters, time schedules and delivery commitments.
- Monitor projects to assure quality work, schedules and budgets are met, billings & receipts are accurate, health and safety regulations are followed and track change order needs.
- Coordinate communication with client throughout project, ensure contractual commitments are met, and coordinate final deliverables of project.
- Performs surveying assignments of a varied nature as required by the client which require a solid grasp of surveying or data acquisition and the ability to exercise professional judgment.
- Performs surveying assignments with little guidance and supervision.
- Maintain project files.
- Coordinate with field crew.
- Perform field work as assigned.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Performa other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Surveying or Engineering field required
- 5 or more years’ relevant experience
- Professional Surveyor (PS) registration in Indiana is required
- Michigan (PS) registration is preferred
- Illinois (PS) registration is beneficial
- 3+ years’ experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required
- Knowledge of modern GPS (Trimble), Robotic Total Station (Trimble), and 3D Laser scanning (Leica) equipment is preferred
- OSHA 10 hour and/or OSHA 30-hour certification, as well as HAZWOP certification highly preferred
- Must have a satisfactory driving record, criminal background investigation and drug test
- Transportation Worker’s Identification Card (TWIC) highly preferred
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. #LI-DM1