Surveyor / Drafter
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
JOB LOCATION: Canyon Fuel Company - Sufco Mine
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Provide surveying and CAD assisted drafting services to underground mining and surface operations.
- Routine placement and checking of surveying sights for underground mining operation
- Prepare and maintaining mine maps, civil, electrical and Mechanical drawings using AutoCAD
- Assist with the layout, design and installation of various construction activities (underground and surface)
- Prepare monthly volumetric assessments of mined areas and stockpiled tonnages
- Prepare monthly mining projections maps showing specific surveying/mining related details (pillar dimensions, conveyor centerlines, etc.)
- Conduct surface surveying activities, as required. This work will include subsidence surveys, property/permit area boundary descriptions, support for exploration activities and targeting for aerial surveys.
- 2-year Technical degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in standard surveying principles/practices, calculations, and note reduction
- Excellent computer skills (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel over uneven surfaces, climb/descend ladders, and lift/carry up to 50 lb. objects on a regular basis